If you are experiencing key chattering, as known as keypresses registring twice, double letters typing keys, or miss typing keys, you may want to do few troubleshooting steps and see where the problem is coming from.
Mechanical switch typically is composed of a stem, metal spring, switch housing and metal leaves. Metal leaves contain two metal components that register keypress when in contact, and it is a natural occurrence when key switch chattering as known as “contact bouncing” happens.
Key switch chattering, or “contact bouncing”, is a natural occurrence in all mechanical switches which can cause a switch press be detected as multiple presses.
However, there may be other factors can cause key switch chattering. It may be the USB cable between your computer and keyboard, the USB port from your computer is not communicating well with the keyboard, or operating system driver was not installed properly.
We recommended you try following steps if it can be resolved:
- Try the keyboard on a different computer.
- Try with a different USB cable.
- Use USB 2.0 port instead of USB 3.0 port on your system.
- Connect the keyboard to your computer USB port 2.0 directly. Do not use any USB hub.
- Make sure no other thing jamming the switch
- Update firmware from support/download center